Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Good to go!

Riley had his appointment at the hemotologist's (blood doctor) this moring. They had taken his blood, and given him an IV of iron which they gave to him over a 30 minute period. The doctor told me his iron levers were doing well. They still aren't up to the range they should be ( between 10 and 13 for his age), but they are almost there. They were at 9.2 when we got there today. I asked her what they were when we left the hospital last week, and she told me they were at 9.5, but the machines are kind of like a bathroom scale. You can go to the doctors office and be one weight, and come home and have it be 3lbs different. So anyways I told the doctor that Rley is taking the liquid iron with no problems so the good news is we only have to come back once ever 3 weeks instead of every week to get him the IV iron! Also I asked about if the liquid iron would stain his teeth, and she said just to have him wash it down with some apple juice or water after he takes the iron.  That's all for now! I will keep you all posted as I know more :D

No comments:

Post a Comment