Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Riley & Lots of appointments!

Just finished celebrating Riley's 2nd birthday this weekend. His birthday isn't until the 17th, but we went to Myrtle Beach to celebrate with friends and family. It was a joint birthday party with my best friend's daughter Sammy who is turning 4. So we has Thomas the train and Hello Kitty for the themes. We had a giant water slide, a little bounce house, and an inflatable bowling set. Riley had a good time even though he didn't want anything to do with the inflatables or the cake, he just wanted the Thomas off of it. He did like his gifts though :D

The birthday party was great, but now it's time to get back in the groove. Last week I had Riley's OT (occupational therapist) Emily come to the house. She said from what she seen that Riley shows signs of being able to make lots of improvement with his sensory issues. She also said that it has been proven him not liking things or people touching his hands is directly related to what he eats, and if we can improve on that then his eating will improve too. Also she said that Movement (like him being scared on a swing or being up high on a table) is directly realted to his speech so if we can improve on the movemement then his speech should improve. She also say alot of the times sensory problems are nurological. I already have Riley an appointment with a nurologist which I wasn't going to mention anything about until I was sure what was going on, but I guess it comes more into play now. Back in April I was changing Riley when I noticed a small patch of hair in the top of his butt crack. I googed it, and found info about a sacral dimple. I called the pediatrican, and took him the next day. At the visit she said it looked fine, but to be sure she set him up with a nurologist which I take him to on the 22nd, and also wanted him to get an MRI which is this Wednesday at 9am. For the MRI they will have to sedate him so that he doesn't move while they do it.

Anyways back to the OT. She said that it was good that I already had him an appointment with a nurologist. She said she would fax over the papers from our visit so that they would already have some background info on what is going on. So that was pretty much the 1st vistit just alot of questions for the most part. It is going to take 2 weeks for my insurance to get approved so we will start our wekly visits on Thurdays at 3pm starting not this week, but the week after.
This week is pretty simple. Riley has his MRI on Wednesday,and his play therapy later that day. Next week though I have his 2 year check up, the nurologist appointment, he has his hemotologist appointment to get his IViron, plus play therapy, OT, and hopefully speech too. On top of all of that Jade has a dentisits appointment too.

I think that is all for now. I am going to post a few more photos from the party, and I will be sure to update you when I get results from the MRI.






No comments:

Post a Comment