Monday, May 30, 2011

Update on Iron & Therapies

So it seems like while we were at the hospital everyone wanted to call. The new speech therapist that is coming out to the house called. I returned her call, and she came out Friday May 28th. She basically just got to know Riley, and asked a lot of questions. She said that she would be coming out on Mondays and Wednesdays I think is what she said maybe it was one day or the other. Anyways she said she would call me in about a week to let me know after she figures out the results of his evaluation.

Also while we were in the hospital the occupational therapist called. I returned her call, and she is going to be coming out for the 1st time on Thursday June 9th. I am really excited to get that one started so that maybe we can get Riley eating more things. We did get Riley to eat some Jello which he liked :D, and he also stole some of his sisters pop tart so hopefully we can get him eating some more things soon!

Also while we were in the hospital Riley had to miss a play therapy session. I called Jamie back once we got home, and she was able to come out on Thursday. I think RIley really enjoyed being able to just play, and being out of the hospital. Jamie is really good with him, and Jade likes her too. Jade even drew her a picture to take home with her.

As for his iron we go tomorrow to the hemotologist (the blood doctor) where they are going to test his iron,a nd probably give him a dose of IV iron. Riley has been taking his liquid iron without any problems! I give it to him 1st thing in the morning mixed with some orange juice, and then right before bed mix with some orange juice. I did hear the the liquid iron can stain teeth. I am going to ask the hemotologist about it tomorrow, and hopefully I can find away to clean his teeth after giving him the iron because he will not let me into his mouth at all. It is all I can do to try and sneak a piece of food in there, but I think that is something the occupation therapist wil have to work on with him.

So in the up coming weeks I have lots going on for him. I have his 2nd Birthday coming up on the 17th. It's hard to believe it's been almost 2 years. He also has his 2 year check up on the 20th, and he has a nurologist appointment on the 22nd.

That's it for now, but I will be sure to update you all tomorrow after we visit the hemotologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment