Thursday, August 18, 2011

Diagnosis Day

I know it has been sometime since I have last updated everyone. Riley had his evaluation today for Autism. Pat and another lady came out today for the evaluation. Riley was in a great mood, and did alot of the tasks very well. He has definitley made improvements. Although he has made improvements which is wonderful he still shows all the clasic sympoms of autism, and we finally got a diagnosis. Riley has autism. I knew this day was coming, and in my heart that he did indeed have autism. Now that I have a diagnosis I can move forawrd and get him into the TEACH program which works specifically with children with autism. The evaluator also mentioned I might be able to get Riley SSI benefits because of how he scored on his testing. The SSI would help so that I can afford to put him inthe TEACH program since it is no longer free.

On another note we got Riley to walk in the grass yesterday. I was so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment